Nay Pyi Taw September 29
Related to the information about violations of the laws against workers on Social Media, the responsible inspectors from Factories and General Labour Laws Inspection Department visit the workplace and investigate whether the information is true or false for the employees to enjoy the legal rights.
Myanmar Labour News, one of the Social Media, stated on September 2, 2022 that the employees in Rong Da Garment situated in War Ta Yar Industrial Zone, Shwe Pyi Thar Township, Yangon Region:
- had been working without having rest day and working round about ten and half hours (from 8:00 am to 18:30 pm) per day from Monday to Friday;
- had been working overtime from 19:00 pm to 24:00 pm) without the consent of employees and working the whole day and night until dawn on Saturdays and Sundays;
- had been treated rudely by Senior workers such as Super, All Super and Leaders;
- had not been granted leaves and holidays according to the Laws;
- had been forced to get the unfairly prescribed quality and quantity and threated to be dismissed from work if the employees denied to work overtime;
- had been affected on the health by sleeping at unsuitable places without being arranged to sleep in factory at night;
- had been experienced dismissal from work without following the Employment Contract by the employers.
Concerning the news on Myanmar Labour News, when the responsible persons from the Department of Labour and Factories and General Labour Laws Inspection Department visited the workplace and investigated the employers, employees and the members of the Workplace Coordinating Committee at 15:00 pm on 7th September 2022, the truth about the information is as follows:
- there are working hours from 8:00 am to 16:00 pm and rest time from 12:00 am to 12:30 pm.
- The employees have been working overtime with their consent from 16:30 am to 18:30 pm according to the permission of the department.
- If the employees have to work on Sundays, they work with their consent according to the permission of the department.
- There is no work on the public holidays.
- Leaves as Legal rights are granted if the employees ask to get leaves.
- There is no unfairly prescribed quality and quantity for the employees and no rude treatment.
- Since there is no night shift to work, there is no need to arrange to sleep in the factory for employees.
- The employer follows the Employment Contract, and there is no dismissal cases illegally.
The information about Rong Da Garment stated on Myanmar Labour News is intentionally persuasion to destroy the peace and stability of the workplace and so we announced that the information is just a fake news.
Ministry of Labour