Duty and Function
- Industrial Peace.
- Registration and placement for job seekers both inland and
- Conducting Vocational Training Courses for workers
- Research for Labour Affairs and collection of labour
and employment statistics
- To ensure the legitimate rights of workers.
- Matters pertaining to international and regional affairs.
The various labour laws which form the backbone of Myanmar Labour adminstration system
- The Law Defining the Rights and Responsibilities of workers, 1964.
- The Workmens Compensation Act, 1923.
- The Trade Disputes Act, 1929.
- The Employment statistics Act, 1948.
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1949.
- The Employment and Training Act, 1950.
- The Emplyment Restrictions Act 1959.
- The Overseas Employment Law, 1999.